1st International Documentary Festival
Castellorizo Island, Greece
“Let us bring the world to Castellorizo Island and take Castellorizo Island to the world!”
The Hellenic History Foundation (ID.IS.ME.) after its recent film documentary production “On the edge of the Aegean, Castellorizo” (awarded with the Best Creative Documentary prize at the London Greek Film Festival 2016), travels this summer to Castellorizo island, organizing the “Beyond Borders”, an international doc fest.
The Hellenic History Foundation (ID.IS.ME.) aspires to make the “Beyond Borders” festival an annual event which will present important history documentaries from all over the world. “Beyond Borders” Film Festival aims to promote significant Greek and foreign documentary makers, which focus on history and socio-political issues. Castellorizo island with its unique history and amazing nature will hopefully inspire the participants to share their passion about documentaries as well as history.
During the seven-day festival (28/8-3/9 2016) other cultural and educational activities will take place at Castellorizo Island.
Special screenings by the Hellenic History Foundation -tributes to Imvros-Tenedos islands, to the Halki Seminary and Castellorizo island- will take place during the Festival.
- “A journey from Imvros to Castellorizo:”, painting exhibition by Pavlos Habidis
- “Megisti: Light, Word and Stone” by the sculptor Alexandros Zygouris
Book Launches – Lectures – Seminars
- “On the edge of the Aegean, Castellorizo, 1890-1948, by Nicholas G. Pappas and Nicholas C. Bogiatzis. Publisher: Hellenic History Foundation (idisme)
- “Toumbalin” by Vassia Hatziyannaki. Publisher: Minoas. Illustration: Yorgos Sgouros
- “Discover Again”, cinema workshops by Angelos Kovotsos
- “Myths and legends of Castellorizo”, story telling
- Puzzles: “Past, Present and Future, an entertaining adventure” by Dr Pantazis Houlis, puzzle creator
- “Culture and tourism at Castellorizo”, round table discussion
Music Performance by Babis Tsertos
“From Smyrneiko song to traditional Greek songs”
Under the Auspices:
- General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad
- Municipality of Megisti
- General Secretariat of the Aegean and Island Policy
- Periphery of South Aegean
- Greek National Tourism Organisation
- Australian Friends of Castellorizo
The awards are a kind contribution of the Hellenic Parliament
Media Sponsors: Kathimerini, Dimokratiki of Rhodes, Huffington Post, OTE TV, Mega Channel, Sto Kokkino 105,5, Sto Kokkino Rhodes, Istorika Themata, elculture, Ogdoo, Diktyo Mikrasiatis, In2Life, Culturenow.gr, www.allaboutfestivals.gr
Organized by: Hellenic History Foundation (ID.IS.ME.)
With the co-operation of Balkans Beyond Borders (BBB) organization
With the kind support of the Greek National Tourism Organisation.